Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Finished Quilt and Costume


      The binding is on the Scrap Dance Waltz quilt.  It was good TV time hand sewing the back side. (In previous post I shared where the pattern came from.
  
I quilted a double wishbone motif in the border for the first time. 
I am pleased with all except the corners.  I quilted an echoed swirl over the rest. 


      My younger granddaughter requested a new Super Girl costume so she can have a Super Hero birthday party.  That is done. 
Hope it fits well.  Normally I love Simplicity patterns; however, this one I had to make twice to get one to fit.  The pattern is ONLY written for very stretchy material and not really proportioned for children.  

      This was scheduled to be a church quilt group morning; however, Family Promise needed our room so we changed the date.  Since the change a member invited us to her home for breakfast and to see her garden.  Everything was lovely and delicious.  I shared some Gaillardia plants from my garden. 
Hope they will add as much lovely color to her garden; not that her garden needs them, she has a large beautiful garden. 

Enjoy some time sewing or quilting.


       

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilt! Love the hero costume. So lucky to have a sewer delight for a grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your quilt turned out great! and the superhero costume!! perfect!

    ReplyDelete