Friday, February 9, 2018

A Pieced Top and a Comfort Quilt Finish

      I feel a lot has been accomplished this week.  I added a 6” border of  3 ½” by 6 ½” strips to the Scrap Dance Waltz blocks.  The blocks are from a mystery with From My Carolina Home blog.  (She is starting a new free mystery if you are interested.) Right now the top is 60 by 75” which would be a great adult throw size quilt. I considered whether to add more borders to make it full bed size.  However, I think I need to quilt it and get this UFO finished. 


     I never shared the finished quilting on my hexagon table topper quilt.  I finished it pillowcase style so no binding. 
Here is a view of the quilting on the back.


     I added the binding to the Four Patch Change Up quilt so it is totally finished and ready to donate. Most of the small 4 patches started leader/ender from scraps and this quilt just developed. 


    I pulled out Rainbow Wonky Stars UFO to work on and have a layout.  One problem is the pink blocks on the bottom. To rotate them like I want the same fabrics are too close. I may have rip some and replace a piece or two.  The very light red corner may also need some work.



    One afternoon I made a Valentine mug rug to send to a friend.


Hope you are enjoying some time for sewing or quilting.

I linked up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Check out what others are doing.  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes. As for the wonky stars, maybe distribute the pink star to a darker area maybe rotate the red one. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh what great finishes!! I love them all - the 4 patch one that grows - I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy and have some wonderful finishes to show it. Your Four Patch Change up is so much fun! And the hexie table topper is beautiful...both sides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love all these projects! Doesn't it feel good to get things done?

    ReplyDelete