Friday, January 19, 2018

UFO Progress and a Finish

     Inspired by Sarah at Confessionsof a Fabric Addict , I pulled 8 project bags, a few more UFOs and 1 new project to focus on this year.  So far I am making good progress.
I have finished 14 of 18 Morning Star blocks for my nephew’s graduation quilt.


The Scrappy anvil blocks with alternate quarter square blocks is a top waiting to be sandwiched with the backing for quilting.


     I did not include many comfort/charity quilts on my list; however, I have finished quilting the Giant Swoon comfort quilt.  I tried out a few new motifs inspired by Angela Walters
Here are some close ups of quilting  
 


I did have one little problem.  Some of the extra backing got tuned under and caught in the quilting.  I was able to carefully cut it away.

There are also certain areas that may need more quilting.

The recent cold weather has been great for enjoying some time sewing or quilting.  Hope you enjoy some also.


No comments:

Post a Comment