To begin the year I took a quick inventory of UFOs and pulled 8 ZipLock project bags to focus work on.
I have decided on the following 12 projects:
1. Score 1 from The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters - from 2015
2. Four Patch Swirl ( stack ‘n whack blocks) - from 2007
3. Gypsy Wife type quilt from orphan blocks – from 2015
4. Rainbow Wonky Star quilt - from 2017
5. Rainbow star and brick quilt - from 2017
6. Scrappy anvil quilt with alternate quarter square blocks - from about 2014
7. Scrappy anvils with string centers inspired by Bonnie Hunter’s Wild Child quilt - from about 2014
8. Scrap Dance Waltz seen on From My Carolina Home - from 2017
9. Cat child’s quilt - from 2013
10. Graduation gift using nickel squares - to begin now –due in May
11. Finish quilting red, white and blue LeMoyne star improv – from 2012
12. Quilt Day Bee Mystery quilt - from 2015
Project progress in 2018 is off to a good start. I have pieced 4 blocks for the graduation gift and have 2 more blocks that are in progress. The pattern is called "Morning Star" from Nickel Quilts: Great Designs from 5-Inch Scraps by P Speth and C Thode.
The Scrappy anvil blocks with alternate quarter square blocks is almost a top. The center is together and just needs a border of the dark blue.
During the year comfort quilts will interrupt the work on my own projects but I feel encouraged that the list to focus on will help me finish more UFOs.
Hope you enjoy some time sewing or quilting!