Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Spring Cleaning UFOs

    I wonder why we quilters tend to always have UFOs.  I certainly have my share.  Spring is the time for cleaning so I am cleaning up some UFOs or at least making progress on them.  I finished piecing an adult top for guild comfort quilts. Instead of using the kit as is, I just had to play and add a few wonky ( aka Maverick ) stars. The dark ones show up better in this setting. 



     I made 2 more HSTs and added a column on the second part of the Scrappy Duo quilts.  I added a breaker and outer border. You can find more about the pattern in this past post.  Now this top will go on the stack to be quilted.   


    Last November my guild enjoyed a lecture and watercolor workshop by Debbie Clarke of Stitchin Therapy.  I find her work inspiring and have been reminded that I need more practice with value. The small watercolor from her workshop is ready for quilting.  It is not perfect; however, “a finished quilt is better than a perfect one.” 


     My church group had some fun playing with watercolor squares as an introduction.  I added sashing hoping that it would give the impression of lattice.  This one still needs borders but making progress. 



Hoping you enjoy some spring cleaning of your sewing space and make progress on your UFOs.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo....your watercolor turned out so beautiful! I like the different setting for the wc squares as a group. Fantastic scrap project...scrappy duo. I always like the off set arrangement. You have had a great month of projects!

    ReplyDelete