Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekend Sewing

      I did so much yard work on Thursday and Friday, I was happy to sew Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
Instead of starting on a big UFO project, I just wanted to play a little with fabric.  A while back I cut and stitched a giant Lemoyne star and several small star halves.  I am not following a pattern and instead and trying out different layouts.  I decided to sew a red inner border for the giant star on-point.

I am still trying to figure out the size of the triangles needed for the corner star halves.  While that problem is stewing, I pulled out pastel crumbs to work with.  I started with about 6 blocks and now have 28 that will finish at 6 inches.  I like this brown fabric because the dots go with the pastel colors in the blocks.  It may become sashing.  

My favorite are the stars and hearts. 
 You can find directions for the Bonnie's   Maverick Stars here. I enjoy the easy piecing wonkiness of them. Here is the link for her crumb hearts.  
August 14 and 21, I am scheduled to teach my version of crumb piecing blocks at Midlands Tech-Harbison. You can find more info on it here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment