As I was planning to be out of town visiting, I packed quilt projects in progress that I could easily work on when I had a few minutes and I made a lot of progress on a few. First I added a simple border to this top (pieced by someone else) to increase the size and then pieced a backing so we can sandwich it Wednesday at church quilt group. I am wondering what else it might need to be more interesting but maybe quilting will be enough.
Next I laid out my blue green potato chip blocks and sewed the top. I will probably add a simple narrow border to frame it and control all the seams on the edges. Potato chip blocks are my current favorite scrap pattern for a fast simple quilt because it has no nesting seams to match and looks so different depending on choice of fabrics.
Then I worked on my “Rainbow Crumb Chain”. I cut and sewed the alternate blocks with the black strip and pieced the top. I added a 2” border to help control all the seams on the edges of the crumb blocks.
I had some time Sunday afternoon so decided to try a fun new challenge - making continuous bias strips and sewing them to some improv petal (Orange Peel) shapes. I was inspired by Sherri Lynn Wood. An 11” square made 3 yards of bias 2” wide. This is a technique I want to practice more. It is difficult to get them to lay flat but I did okay.
Stash Report for 2026 (finally updated correct year)
Net decrease 59.385 yds
I'm linking up with Alycia for Finished or Not Friday
Have a great week and enjoy sewing, quilting and creating.




Your crumb chains are fantastic! Your bias tape experiment looks amazing. What terrific progress you have made.
ReplyDeleteI love your potato chip tops, but oh, my, the crumb chains!!! Your curved piecing is coming along great!
ReplyDeleteWow - you did get a lot accomplished!! I LOVE that potato chip one - I think I am with you right now - one of my favorite to play with!!
ReplyDelete