Wednesday, August 9, 2017

More Quilting Progress

      I have not pulled out another of my UFOs to quilt but I am busy quilting on smaller projects.    I finished quilting this sample for the “Learn to Quilt” class at JoAnn Fabrics.  This quarter I’m teaching the Hugs and Kisses blocks.  I used simple walking foot quilting to show how a beginner might finish the quilt.


    I have started the quilting on my Kenny Koala quilt for which I tested the pattern by Ruth of Charly & Ben’s CraftyCorner  .  I added the bottom scrappy squares and borders.  I think he will be a great gift for a young person. She is planning to sell the pattern on her website.  After quilt group at church today, I will get back to work on quilting him.


    My church children’s ministry coordinator asked a couple of members to make fidget bags for the children’s activity worship bags. They are essentially a maze made with fleece and a marble.  They would be a good small gift for a child.  You can find a tutorial here.  I also used this maze generator to create the paths for more interest. 


 I hope you enjoy some sewing or quilting time.  

1 comment: