Saturday, July 15, 2017

Where Does Time Go

     Very little sewing got done for the past week.  I was mostly busy with granddaughters and that was great fun. Older GD pieced a giant crooked log cabin block.

 


Younger GD hand appliqued a dog with a running stitch.


    In my down time I managed to add an inner border on a top in progress (no photo).
      My district will host the state meeting of Quilters of SC spring 2018 and they want sets of coasters as favors for the meeting.  Even though I am not currently a member, I feel the guilds in this district should support the state guild meeting. So far I have made 2 sets of coasters for QSC.  They provided the pattern.  

This month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color is blue and I did manage to use blue scraps for one set of coasters.  

     When I returned home, my yard needed attention. I spent 2 mornings working in the yard.  After my shower, I needed to rest and relax from the heat so no sewing/quilting got done.      
     Today I hope to get some quilting done.


 Hope you make time to enjoy some sewing or quilting.  J

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun time was had by all. Bonus points to you for sewing some BLUE coasters with your scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your GD are so cute and very proud of there blocks. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heat means either exhaustion or sewing time, or probably both. Your granddaughters are on the right track and off to a great start. Give them lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete