Thursday, March 23, 2017

Finishes This Week

    This week I have had guild meeting and church quilt group meeting so not much sewing/quilting time at home.  At GCQ guild meeting we had a terrific trunk show and talk by Laura Blanchard of Plum Tree Quilts.  Her TAW pattern includes the addition of geese to add an interesting accent. 

As you sew the blocks for this pattern you also create the bonus HSTs for a smaller quilt.


      Even though I have been away from home 2 mornings, I finished quilting a small wall-hanging that will be donated to Ashe County Piecemakers Guild ( West Jefferson, NC) for their small quilt auction in July.  I pieced the top a couple of years ago as a class sample for turned edge machine applique. 
 

 I practiced dense background quilting to add dimension for the applique.



    I also finished my Lego comfort lap quilt for church group.

     It is a little cooler this morning but this is my day to get out in the yard to do a little more cleaning of flower beds and such.  Then this afternoon I will be ready to relax and piece some.


Enjoy some time sewing/quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment