Sunday, August 28, 2016

Making Progress on UFO

     I just finished adding the final border on the blue and yellow BOM UFO from 2004.  I shopped my stash and found a perfect blue tone on tone print for that border instead of the solid blue.  I’m loving this quilt top.

Sorry I don’t have a space large enough for a better photo since the top measures 73” by 92”.  Next I need to find a backing.  I will check my stash first but don’t think I have anything suitable.     
                       
    Wednesday my church quilt group met.  Instead of sewing we spent the day pressing and sorting donated fabric again.  I helped a new member sandwich a quilt, and I pulled batting scraps and fabric for the back of the “Star Gazing” quilt.    I also pulled fat quarters to make another more scrappy “Star Gazing” quilt.  You can find more information about the quilt pattern here.    
Saturday I washed and pressed another load of donated fabric.  I pieced backing and sewed together the batting scraps so it is ready to be sandwiched. 


Enjoy some time sewing or quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment