Monday, May 30, 2016

Thank You to Veterans

     My Sunday afternoon sewing was appropriate for the Memorial Day weekend.  I pieced this easy half-step bargello top in red, white and blue USA prints.

    I used Eleanor Burns method for half-step which does shorten the length; however, it eliminates any matching seams.  After sewing the strip sets and sub-cutting into strips, instead of picking out the seam to open the run for the bargello, you cut off the seam allowance of one strip.  For the next, you fold it and cut in the middle of the next fabric in the series.


I plan to add a simple border to frame it.

Have a safe Memorial Day and enjoy some sewing or quilting as you remember the service of military members.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a Website where I can purchase a pattern for the Thank You to Veterans quilt?

    ReplyDelete