Friday, September 11, 2015

Three Finishes

      It feels SO good to get big UFO projects finished.  Today I finished hand sewing the binding on the large GA ZigZag quilt which was a UFO for several years.  It is so large this is the best photo I could get with it laid out in the house. 


       I also finished a child’s comfort quilt made from a fabric book. 

Since the border fabric has stars, I used the quilt to try out continuous no-mark free-motion wonky stars.  I saw the idea in Kathy Sandbach’s book Show Me How to Machine Quilt.  The photo is of the back since you can see them better.  The border is red and the stars are quilted in gold which did not show very well in the photo of the front.


     Two pumpkin placemats are also finished.



      I have finished 3 large UFOs in the past 3 months, but I still have a few on my list.  I am trying very hard not to start a new big project until I get more finished. I see so many patterns I want to try.  I comfort myself by only starting small ones that I can finish quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment