Saturday, December 24, 2011

Organizing Crumbs


      Because Christmas projects are all finished I can take some time for other fun.  I will be teaching a 2 night crumb piecing class at Midlands Tech - Harbison campus in February.  (You can find details here:  http://mtconline.midlandstech.edu/ ).   I have used or given away many sample crumb blocks so I wanted to make some more.  Then I decided I needed to organize my crumbs and spent many hours playing with and organizing my crumbs of fabric.  I like to have the triangles separated because they are easy to use for hearts, stars, or shoo-fly blocks.  Here are a couple of heart blocks I made; and because I used squares for the lower corners, I have bonus half-square triangle units.


Here are some of my triangles. 

 
I also separated a pile of strings.  String quilts are a new love and I have several designs using strings on my  “wish to sew “ list so I am collecting strings and variable strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment