Saturday, June 25, 2011

Working on Comfort Quilts

    This has been a great day for quilting.  I sandwiched 2 small lap comfort quilts for my church quilt group and one is quilted and complete.  They were pieced by another lady in our group.  I like both patterns.  They both used a lot of 2 ½” strips.   We have made a couple using the eight block.  The 12” finished block goes together very easily.   The coin quilt needs strips of a focus fabric but then it can use a lot of 2 ½” scrap strips.


12" finished eight block
   There were so many coin pieces leftover that have already been cut, I decided to cut more golf fabric strips (focus fabric) for another coin lap quilt.  I added blues to brighten it.  There still may be more coin pieces leftover for another coin lap quilt with a different focus fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment