Friday, July 29, 2016

July Finish

     I finally added more FMQ and binding to the RWB bargello so it is finished.  At first I quilted in the ditch all the vertical columns and decided I wanted to do more. I really did not know what to do and decided to practice loops. I need more practice on circles and loops to get smoother.  I did swirls in the border.


     I also finished piecing a scrappy adult comfort quilt top for guild.  Someone else will do the quilting for it. The guild kits are simply 5 ½” squares.  I like to add a little interest so made 3 Maverick Stars (AKA Wonky Stars) from lights. If you have never tried the free-formed stars, you can find more about them from Bonnie Hunter or other designers on the web.  I think they are fun.


     I need to clean house a little today to get ready for a short visit from my quilty sister and her husband.  I hope to take advantage of her visit to get input on my UFOs and what I will work on next.


Enjoy some time sewing and quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful finishes. Love the three stars. Adds interest.

    ReplyDelete