Saturday, April 23, 2016

Busy Week and a Finish

    The past week my quilting has taken a backseat as I enjoyed some time with family.  Son Will and granddaughter Mattie ran a 5K race last Sunday morning. 


Back at home I spent a couple of mornings working in my flower beds.  I have at least 10 varieties of bearded iris and am enjoying several in bloom. 


     Last night I finished sewing on the binding for the HST part of the “Scrappy Duo” quilts from Fons and Porter designs.  You can see more about the quilts on this post


I save Dove unscented soap slivers to mark sections on the border to help guide my FMQ of the swirl motif.  Afterwards a quick wipe with a damp cloth removes the marks. 


      I continue on my mission to finish UFOs.  This week I pulled BOM kits from Hancock Fabrics 2003 BOM.  I bought them the next year on sale.  The blocks are now pieced and I need to decide how I want to set them.  Somewhere I have some fabric I bought years ago for possible sashing and borders. 



Hope you enjoy some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment