Sunday, December 6, 2015

Made-Fabric Pieces

     I know it has been awhile since I posted.  I have mostly been working on more Christmas gifts.  a My youngest granddaughter enjoys dress-up play so I decided to make a princess dress for her for Christmas.  The past year she has been wild about purple so I spent at least 3 days making a dress.  I used an elegant dress pattern ( Simplicity 1508) and changed a couple of things  to simplify.  That is a lot of time to spend making a dress-up play dress, but I can do it so I did.

    I have also been playing with my green and blue crumbs to create made-fabric.  I free-pieced some more made-fabric to add a row to a top and then found I had too much green in them and decided to piece more with more blue.  This top is now 52.5” by 76.75”.  I may use the print fabric at the bottom left as a wide border to make it larger. 


Since I already had several mostly green made-fabric squares pieced together, I made a few more and put together a small top (40.5 by 52.5”).  This may also get a border to make it larger, although I like the modern feel of it without a border. 


My stash of green crumbs is now very low and I am ready for a break from free-piecing.  This coming week will have my guild holiday gathering and my church quilt group.  I better get busy thinking of some treats to fix.


Enjoy this special time of year and maybe a few minutes of sewing as a break from the hustle and bustle.   

No comments:

Post a Comment