Monday, September 7, 2015

Pumpkin Placemats In Progress

     In October my quilt guild will hold an auction of handmade, baked or grown items.  I started a couple of pumpkin placemats that can be used for a lot of the fall season.  The leaves and pumpkin parts are fused.  The vine is couched yarn.  I searched my stash and first used a green.   


It was really the wrong color so I ripped it off and found a great brown hairy yarn.

I used a zigzag stitch to secure the appliques and add veins on the leaves. I had trouble deciding on what to use for the border until I decided on going scrappy.  Quilting will wait a few days. 

Hope you have had some fun on this Labor Day Holiday.  I did.

Happy Sewing and 

1 comment:

  1. Really great.....glad you went with the brown yarn. Love the scrappy border to finish as it pulls out the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete