Last May I started playing with wedges and wheels. This post shows the work using a 9 degree wedge ruler. http://elizabethsquiltprojects.blogspot.com/2012/05/wedges-and-wheels.html
I put the center panel aside until a few days ago. To make a border I cut similar fabric into rectangles and then sliced them into wedges with only one edge on the bias.
This weekend I concentrated on piecing the scrappy border wedges. I tried to make it look like the wedges went around the corner. I should have paper-pieced the corners. It would have been easier. The top is finished at 56 by 68”.
I really over estimated the number of pieces needed. This is my stack of leftover pieces.
It is good that 4 of these wedges sewn together can be trimmed up to make a 6 ½” square so I know they will get used somehow.