Sunday, June 16, 2013

Wedges and Wheels Quilt

Last May I started playing with wedges and wheels.  This post shows the work using a 9 degree wedge ruler.   http://elizabethsquiltprojects.blogspot.com/2012/05/wedges-and-wheels.html
I put the center panel aside until a few days ago.  To make a border I cut similar fabric into rectangles and then sliced them into wedges with only one edge on the bias. 



This weekend I concentrated on piecing the scrappy border wedges.  I tried to make it look like the wedges went around the corner.  I should have paper-pieced the corners.  It would have been easier.  The top is finished at 56 by 68”. 




I really over estimated the number of pieces needed.  This is my stack of leftover pieces. 

  It is good that 4 of these wedges sewn together can be trimmed up to make a 6 ½” square so I know they will get used somehow. 


1 comment: