Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kindle Covers

     I’m giving a Kindle as a Christmas present and I also received one early so today I decided to make covers.   In my search I found great directions on another Elizabeth’s blog. Check it out here.

       For each cover I used scraps and strips to piece 2 pieces 6 ½” by 9” and cut lining 12 ½” by 9”.  One thing I did differently for my covers is that I added a pocket with a zipper for storing the USB cord.  I also used fusible fleece instead of batting and did only minimal quilting with programmed decorative stitches.  Following are several photos of my steps:  
                                                                     Cover 1- pieces

Cover 1 finished. 

Cover 2 - pieces.

      I thought they were easy to make and I like how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment