Today was dedicated to machine embroidery. Isn’t the Santa pocket cute? The one on the left was the first try.
Sunday night I pulled out the directions and loaded the design. The directions were not clear so I had to call a friend for clarification. I finished the first beard and stopped for the night. This morning I started back. It took about 1 1/2 hours for each to stitch out. The directions said to use tear-away stabilizer but I had trouble with it. Because of the heavy stitches, it tore away too soon so I ended up using poly-mesh cut-away. I completed 3 Santa Pockets today and with each I learned something that worked better so the last one looks the best.
Sunday afternoon I made another mug rug using crumbs. They are quick and I think they will make a nice little gift so I hope to make more. If you don’t know what a mug rug is, it is like a large quilted coaster designed to be the right size for a mug and a snack.