Saturday, April 14, 2018

Morning Star Quilt Finish


     I finished quilting and binding the Morning Star graduation gift quilt. 


I quilted an overall swirl and swirls in the border.  Here is the front.


Here is the back. I piece one leftover block into the back. 


       I have made some progress quilting on my RWB Improv Lemoyne Star.   I quilted free form feathers with a swirl filler in the 4 light blue corners.
 I love quilting free form feathers. Today I plan to tackle the pieced border between sections.  I always struggle to choose the motif to custom quilt.  
   
Enjoy time sewing or quilting if you aren’t out enjoying the spring.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo. Looks wonderful. Bet it would sleep good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the morning star quilt! And your quilting is excellent! I quilt on my Janome 6600 and I agree that feathers are fun and much easier than they look. Of course, nobody believes that unless they do it themselves.

    ReplyDelete