This has been a very productive quilting weekend so far. Today I put the finishing touches on 2 prayer/comfort quilts that are for my church quilt group. The carpenter star is finished.
I enjoyed quilting feathers in the diamond areas and the triangles top and bottom. I changed to light gray thread for the purple diamonds so that the quilting shows up more. At least I could see where I had quilted.
I simply meandered the border instead of doing more fancy quilting.
My second finish was the squares and strips quilt made from my stash of scrap squares and strips. I did cut the white 2 ½” strips especially for this quilt. This was a great quilt to also use scraps of leftover binding. I simply quilted it with a large meander.
In the next few days, I hope to get back to finishing another UFO.