Monday, January 5, 2015

Grand Illusion Progress

      This morning I am adding borders for my Grand Illusion top. When I started Bonnie’s Grand Illusion mystery I decided to make only a fraction of the pieces for each step because I did not want it to become another of my UFOs. I am pleased to say and show that I have 4 blocks complete and sashed.
They are the complete center for my Grand Illusion quilt. I plan to add Bonnie’s borders and also a simple additional border to finish mine at about 50” square. I have enjoyed participating in the mystery and link-ups. This small size will help me to finish it in a reasonable time. My word for 2015 is “FINISH”.
   
Update:  I have been sewing most of the day and have the inner borders on.  Since my top only 2 blocks wide and long, I had to make adjustments by adding another inner border so that Bonnie's border would fit.

I found this butterfly fabric at JoAnn Fabrics and the colors are perfect.  I am planning to use it for another outer border which will make my top finish larger.  



5 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so smart - making a smaller quilt that can get finished! It looks great, too. I really like the choice of neutrals you used. They seem to have writing on many of them. Love that! Congratulations on getting almost finished on a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colors are just right! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to participate without being overwhelmed by all those parts! I could never just watch others make one, I will be doing this if I can't do it all! Yours is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Your borders finish it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete