Monday, December 8, 2014

Work on “Grand Illusion” part 2


      Bonnie posted step 2 for the “Grand Illusion” Mystery.  This step uses pink, black and a neutral.  My blacks are scrappy,  but I chose one white and black print for my neutral instead of being scrappy.


  


      Of the 3 methods Bonnie gave instructions for, I chose the last only I am not sewing and saving the bonus triangles.  









Instead, they go into my bag to fill pet beds.  So far I have finished and given away 5.  I think it is a great use for scraps of batting, thread and fabric bits. 


 I’m linking up with Bonnie Hunter’s Grand Illusion link-upparty.  Check out what others are doing. 



2 comments:

  1. I like your pet beds! I made a bed for our dog but sewed channels as I went and it didn't work as well as I would have liked. It looks like you just make a ticking pillow case and fill it? Such a great idea to drop the trimmings in there as you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful units, great colors. I too collect my scraps for cat beds :)

    ReplyDelete