Saturday, June 7, 2014

Working on a UFO

   Recently I have spent a few mornings working in my yard before it gets too hot.  I took some time to piece a child's comfort quilt top.  I started with this puppy panel.

I fussy cut out blocks,  added some multicolored 4 patches and here is my pieced top.

     Then I finally pulled out a UFO to work on. The chopped flower blocks are at least 4 years old.  Now the top is sandwiched and I started quilting.  I used the walking foot to stitch-in-the-ditch on each side of the inner border and the outer border.
I plan to free-motion quilt the rest.  I need to practice on the plastic to finalize my design plan and then I will take photos to show you.

      This afternoon is open house at JoAnn Fabrics so more quilting will wait, but it least I've started the final stage for this UFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment