Friday, April 25, 2014

Paper-Piece Elvis

       A guild friend, Lynne, has started designing paper-piecing patterns for Fandom In Stitches.   Check out the site to download many wonderful free paper-pieced blocks.  Lynne asked me if I would test some of her patterns. My first assignment was 3 different Elvis 10 inch blocks.  Here are my results. 

 I used a fine pigma pen to draw his eyelashes.  His nose and ear are embroidered.


These are not easy blocks.  The cartoon Elvis was the easiest.

After some yard work I sewed the binding on a comfort quilt for GCQ.  I quilted it with my walking foot in a wavy grid because I wanted to show beginners what can be done with a walking foot.   

 Close up - hope you can see the wavy grid.


I took the rest of the day to relax.  Maybe tomorrow I will be ready to choose which UFO to work on next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment