Saturday, March 1, 2014

Crossroads Top

     Recently my leader / ender project was analogous Crossroads blocks.  After I had finished piecing 12 – 12” finish blocks, I laid them out and decided they needed something else – maybe a large appliquéd flower. 

I was looking through a stack of quilt magazines I plan to share and found a lovely day lily pattern in the Oct./Nov. 2007 issue #82 of Quilt by Janet Rice-Bredin.  I am sorry she no longer seems to keep up her blog or website. 

I enlarged the day lily and raw edge machine appliquéd one flower.  I used hand embroidery for the stamen.  

I also added a simple border and the small top will wait in line ready to be quilted. 

It is a lovely springlike day here.  I'm ready.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a stunning quilt! Love the addition of the day lily. It really makes the whole thing sing.