Saturday, January 4, 2014

Work on Multiple Projects

      Friday was a cold day here so it was a great day to sew.  I pieced on several quilt projects. 
 On New Year’s Day Bonnie Hunter surprised me by posting the final step and layout for the CelticSolstice Mystery.    Some participants were not surprised, and I can’t believe that one even had her quilt together by January 3rd.  I am working on my blocks along with other projects but will hold off on my reveal until her Monday link-up so I will have more blocks complete. 

    As my leader / ender  ( If you want to find out more about what leader / enders are, check out Bonnie's explanation  ),  I am sewing components for Tula Pink’s“Stacks” quilt  
 I saw on “Sewing with Nancy”.  I have seen a couple of designer’s versions of this type quilt and wanted to try one.  I thought it would make an interesting comfort quilt.  Here is my first block 18” block together. 


In between other piecing (as leader / enders) I added sashing to the improve blocks and have them ready for a border.   I plan on using a black border, but I’m still looking through my stash for the right one. 

   Today is supposed to be another very cold day for Columbia so another great day to sew.





1 comment:

  1. Black border will really make those blocks POP! I'm in a very cold Columbia today as well. Just 8 degrees this morning with a dusting of snow. It's going to be a sewing day for me, with television reruns in the back ground.

    ReplyDelete