Bonnie offered 2 sizes for the Celtic Solstice Mystery quilt. I worked on the smaller size that would finish at 75” square. I read about a couple of quilters who made theirs queen size. If I added one row of blocks (8 rows of 7 each), my Celtic Solstice would finish at 75” by 84”. I needed 7 additional blocks so the past few days, I have worked on components such as the orange and yellow HSTs. This time I used a different HSTpaper but it was just as accurate and easy. I printed free pages from http://www.quiltingandwhatnot.ca/Half-Square-Triangle.html .
All my subunits are pieced; I just need to get busy sewing. I can’t believe how quickly a few ladies finished their quilts. I am taking a good bit of time to pin most of the intersections to match. All 28 of my “54-40 or Fight” blocks are finished. I’m working on my 28 “Birthday Girl” blocks but 12 of the 28 will have the chevrons rotated. I like how the occasional star adds a little more interest.
Hopefully, soon I will be ready to add the borders.
I did take a break to make a 9” by 12” quilted pouch that is for a JoAnn Fabrics class.
Break is over. Back to sewing.