Saturday, November 16, 2013

Quilting 101 and Some FMQ

     This morning I taught a beginner quilting class at JoAnn Fabrics.  The 4 students with varied experience did a wonderful job on their block.  Although not perfect (and what first block is) they look great.  Check out the photos.

  

   
They sounded excited and I hope they will keep learning more about quilting.    


     Last night I finished the free-motion quilting in the border triangles of the 16 Patch Trapunto quilt.  This is a new design for me and I like it.  It was fairly easy.  Spacing was the key.


I am still thinking about what design I want to use in the outer border.  I had hopes of having this quilt finished to show next Tuesday at guild but it probably will not be finished.   Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment