Thursday, August 15, 2013

More Piecing

     Wednesday morning my church quilting group met.  I did not take my sewing machine because I felt I had things I could do without it. I helped Martha start her machine quilting with a walking foot and I pulled fabrics from our stash for several projects.  In the afternoon while waiting for the plumber, I worked on piecing.  This morning while waiting on the appliance installer I pieced more.  I have a pieced top of orphans and scraps ready for a border.  You can see the border fabric I pulled from the stash.  It is 48 by 60” before borders. 

    
       I also have 2 doll quilt tops made.




I enjoy reading Stitching Therapy quilt blog.  For several years she has collected doll quilts to be distributed at Christmas.  I will be teaching a FMQ class at Midlands Tech in September and had the idea that these small doll quilts would be great for FMQ practice instead of just plain fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment