My yard has been calling me so I have spent several hours a few days trying to bring it under control. Then I relaxed in my sewing room. I have finished piecing the "Pina Colada" top. It is 60" by 72" so fairly large.
There is A LOT of light background because of the extra strip top and bottom to make it rectangular. Because the pattern sample used a batik, it was not obvious how dominate it would be. I may have to plan some special quilting for the large light areas. The very large star in a star in a star was simple to piece and even the HST border was not difficult using 6" finished HSTs. If I use this pattern again, I think a busier print would be better for the background fabric because of the large areas. The corners also bother me. I followed the pattern but may change them.
I have also quilted 2 children's comfort quilts for GCQ. Today I tried out a couple of different FMQ designs. Here is one frame quilted using a kind of ray design
Here is one frame where I quilted sort of bananas or half feathers. I used white thread on white so I know you can't see it well, but I did not want to in case it did not look good. Sometimes I use charity/comfort quilts for practice.