Thursday, June 6, 2013

My First Coiled Fabric Bowl

     I finally got around to making my first coiled fabric bowl.  I have 2 books years ago after seeing them being made on a  quilting TV show.  My sister borrowed my books and started making beautiful bowls years ago.  I have been collecting 3/4" scrap fabric strips in a bag planning to make a bowl.  Yesterday I added the binding to the latest children's comfort quilt and was looking for my next project.  I pulled out my book, cotton clothesline and scrap strips.  It did not take long and here is my first coiled fabric bowl.



There are things about it that I do not like such as the long strip of light next to the long strip of dark.  A change of fabric would have broken that and looked better.  It is also a little irregular but it was easier than I thought it would be.  This one is very basic so I look forward to getting more fancy with them. I still have more clothesline and many more fabric strips.

1 comment: