I took some time to make myself a summer dress using an old favorite pattern. I need some more new clothes and I HATE to shop.
While looking for something I came across 6 leftover squares and decided to make bear claw blocks with them. I have had some Thangle papers for some time so I used them to make HSTs. They are convenient because these use 2 ½” strips to make 2” finished HSTs. With the light fabric next to the paper, they easily press toward the dark and finish.
I forgot that each square creates 2 finished HST squares so I ended up with twice what I needed for the 6 blocks and have enough for 12 blocks. I put that away for another day.
My Leader-Ender project has been squares of light and dark basic colors. I decided I had enough twos and started putting them together for rows of 4. I could not stop there so put together 16 patch blocks. I have 15 finished and 3 more half done.
My original idea was to make a “16 patches and pinwheels” quilt I have seen several places. This is my EQ plan for what it might look like.
I also played with another option.
I have put my 16 patch blocks on hold for now. I have too many other projects that need attention. I am collecting boxes to pack up my kitchen for remodeling. That will be a job but I’m looking forward to a beautiful new kitchen.