Monday, March 11, 2013

Back to Quilt Projects


      Smocked Easter dresses for my granddaughters are almost finished.  The hem for the little one is basted.  When I pinned up the hem for the larger one, it looked too short so before I hem it, I think I should double check the length needed.  The photo does not do them justice. I look forward to seeing the girls in them. 


      MY local JoAnn Fabric store has remodeled and added a classroom.  I will be teaching some  quilting classes for them.  Corporate office of JoAnn Fabric has strict guidelines for the classes they want taught.  Quilting 101 is introductory and students practice using a rotary cutter and piece a block (they call “Hole in the Barn Door”).   Like many quilt blocks this one is known by many different names.  Here is my class sample.

I think I will also make up a lap quilt to show what can be done with a few of the blocks.
I hope to get a lot of piecing done this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment