Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Day of Quilt Projects


     Today was sew day for my church group and this afternoon I have been piecing so I am back to quilting projects.  Although… while reading quilting/sewing blogs, I came across an adorable sundress I would like to make. 

     For quilting projects I pulled fabrics and made a couple of sample blocks for a JoAnn Fabrics quilt class.  Here are two.  I might need to change the background fabric.

      While I was working on smocking, I did take the time to check on my favorite blogs.  Recently several have inspired me to think again about making a wholecloth trapunto quilt.  I am not interested in doing the art threadwork that Leah Day does ( I’m more traditional ), but I am amazed with her work on the wholecloth quilt “Dutchess Reigns”.  You just have to see it. 
 
   I also have watched several videos on YouTube with Cindy Needham who also does wholecloth quilts.  Her quilts are amazing!
If there is a problem with the links, just go to YouTube and search for Cindy Needham. 
Here is a link to Cindy’s webpage. http://www.cindyneedham.com/

 Cindy and Leah also teach classes online with Craftsy.com. http://www.craftsy.com/classes/quilting

   I am looking forward to teaching free-motion quilting again this fall for Midlands Tech and plan to incorporate some new techniques and designs that I have learned.  It will also give me more practice.  Maybe one day I will make my own bedsize wholecloth quilt.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment