My baby sister was here this weekend to visit with Mother so I spent a little more time sewing. I added a couple of simple borders to the scrappy colored squares so it is a little larger and will finish 53 by 65". I added a blue outer border thinking that it could go to a boy or girl.
The other project I worked on I have been calling a UFO; however, that is not accurate. Five years ago I made a quilt and had 19 pinwheel blocks leftover so they are really "orphan" blocks. I don't remember why they were leftover. Maybe I had to remake them for some reason. I worked in EQ and came up with a plan to use them. I did have to make one more pinwheel. Here it is on my design wall tonight.
It has been good because I am making square in a square blocks which I have not done much of, and I am using my new Easy Angle and Companion Angle Rulers (recommended by Bonnie Hunter) to make the flying geese units instead of flip and sew squares on a rectangle. This way there is no waste.