Saturday, January 26, 2013

Orphan No More


     A few months ago I found 19  - 5” pinwheel blocks that were leftover from a quilt I made at least 5 years ago.  Today I finished a quilt top that includes them.  I did not want to throw them away so I feel good that they have been used.

     I also finished quilting and binding the scrappy squares quilt.  I have pieced several quilt top in 2013 but this is the first quilt that I have finished so far this year. 

 I divided the outer border into even squares that I used as a guide to free-motion quilt loops small and large.  I used a variegated blue thread that does not show up much on the top.  I used the walking foot to quilt a wobbly line in the small inner border.


Here you can see part of the back border where the quilting shows up better. 

I have a bin of scrap binding pieces.  I chose pieces of basic colors and used them to bind the quilt.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment