Sunday, December 16, 2012

It Just Kept Growing


      I thought I would just make the 12 blocks and have a small charity quilt.


When I was reading quilt blogs, I saw an interesting border idea that I decided would go with these blocks.  As I added the border of bright 2 ½” strips, I also added another pieced yellow border.  With the borders, the quilt top measured 52 by 64”.

I figured with an additional 4 inch border the quilt would be a good size adult lap quilt at 60 by 72”.  I went searching in my stash and found a fabric of small bright multi-colored squares and this is how the top looks now. 

I still need to appliqué leaves.  I plan to use 4 green fabrics leftover from my daughter-in-laws spring floral pinwheel quilt.  I will cut out a bunch of leaves and then I can play with where they will look best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment