Monday, November 5, 2012

Sewing Non Quilts

      I have been busy sewing the past several days but not quilts.  I hate shopping but really need some new clothes.  I also thought my mother could use a new fall dress.  I went through my patterns and drawers of fabric and came up with a skirt pattern I wanted to use and fabric for a dress for Mother.  I had to buy fabric for my skirt.  Mother's dress is finished.  My skirt has the hem pinned up but not sewn.

     Sometime ago I saw adorable sock monkeys on Bumble Bee Bliss blog made out of unusual socks (not the usual sock monkey sock).  I bookmarked her directions.  She has a great tutorial at
I had bought some cute pink and white knee high socks so tonight instead of hemming my skirt, I made my first sock monkey.  Here it is in progress.

She does not yet have eyes but I love her.  I will be on the look out for more socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment