I have neglected posting but I have been busy this week. Here is some of what I have been working on.
Monday night my guild bee Quilt Mavens met. Instead of posting here, I posted on the guild blog. You can read about it on the guild blog at http://gcquilters.blogspot.com/2012/10/october-quilt-mavens-meeting.html .
Tuesday morning was guild comfort quilt sew day. I spent the time cutting fabric for quilt backs and also cut some squares from large print fabric to be alternate blocks with some donated pieced blocks to make a nice size quilt.
Wednesday morning was church comfort quilt sew day. Instead of sewing, I spent about 4 hours cutting scraps of fabric into usable size pieces like 2 ½”, 3 ½”, 4” squares and 2 ½” strips or strings. I did not make much of a dent in our scrap bin so it was really needed. I need to spend another session doing that, but I am careful to wear my support glove so as not to strain my left wrist.
Thursday evening was the last class meeting for the Beginner Quilt Class. Michele and Vanessa both had their quilts quilted. They squared them up and sewed the binding to one side. They did not quite finish sewing the binding to the other side but they should be finished soon. They have done a great job. They have both started on their next quilt too.
Today was the deadline to submit paperwork if I want to teach a class for summer 2013 at Midlands Tech. I have been designing a large block for a beginner machine appliqué class using my favorite technique that uses freezer paper templates and liquid starch along with the blind-hem stitch or blanket stitch on the machine. Here is my block design.
Here is my sample in process. I still need to make the grapes and do the machine appliqué.