Friday, October 19, 2012

Sewing for Dolls and Charity

    Today was mostly a day of fun sewing.  I had a lot of sparkly tulle leftover from my granddaughter’s fairy dress and had the idea to use up some to make a fancy dress for 18” dolls.  I made 2 just alike.  

They looked great until I tried one on a doll.  The shoulder straps were way too long.  I had to unsew sections on the back, cut off about 1 ½”, insert and resew.  I machine top-stitched to hold it closed.  That was the unfun part.  I used Simplicity pattern 3547 so I made a note on the pattern in case I use it again.  
I plan to keep one and I'm not sure about the second.  I still have sparkly tulle leftover.

In the afternoon I did some quilting on a cheater fabric charity top using the walking foot.  I’m not finished but getting there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment