Monday, October 29, 2012

Another Child’s Quilt Finished

     I feel very good that I have accomplished a lot in the past few days.  Today I quilted and bound another child’s quilt for my church group.  If it looks familiar it is because this is the second duck quilt I have made.

  The quilting is different though.  I tried a meandering free-motion design that I hoped would look like water ripples. 

    I also sewed the rows together on the string hearts and added a narrow border.  Right now the top measures 40 by 46”.  I am thinking of adding a scrappy border of red, blue and purple squares to make it larger.  I’m not sure.   It can wait awhile so that I can get another top quilted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment