Saturday, September 8, 2012

Using Crumbs for the Monthly Challenge


     WOW !  The GCQ monthly challenge for September is to use the “fortune” from a fortune cookie to create a quilt block or project.   At the August meeting Lynne passed out fortune cookies for us to pick one.  The one I picked was perfect for me.  It said, “Treat yourself to a special time this coming weekend”, so today I did. 

    Many of my guild members know how I enjoy using crumbs or small scraps of fabric.  I went through my crumb pile and pulled out several triangles that were trimmed from a past project.  I did cut triangles from a neutral to create half-square triangle units then pinwheels.  The pinwheels would only finish at 8 ½” so I decided to add scrappy strips as a frame so they would square up to 12 ½ “ and finish at 12”.  This is what I made.  
 
     Plus, I decided to play some more with the crumbs left from trimming the triangles.  I pulled out a few more strings and did not stop until I had pieced 8 more triangles.  


No comments:

Post a Comment