Friday, September 21, 2012

Comfort Quilt Piecing


     I have been working on a UFO from Kathy Houser.  I was using it for my leaders and enders. Now it is past that stage.  I had rows pinned on my design wall but my design wall is not large enough for all the rows.  So I spread them out on my kitchen “design floor” to see them all at once.  I’m glad I did because I noticed there were 2 rows that had the same fabric adjacent so I switched a couple. 
 
I have 18 rows that will finish at 57 by 72” and there is still a pile of pieces left, probably enough for another adult quilt.
 
     At our September general meeting we had a silent auction of hand made, baked and grown items as our guild fundraiser.  I was the lucky winner of an adorable stepstool made by Carol’s husband Dean.  I think my oldest granddaughter will be excited to use it. 

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, I love that turtle! Your granddaughter will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete