Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mystery Quilt Reshaping

     On this quiet Sunday afternoon I’m sewing and making progress on the Day Bee mystery quilt.   Since I decided to make it a rectangle instead of a square, I have made 2 more large squares. 

To have enough strips for all the sashing, I needed to sew another strip set.  When you sew 18 -1 ½” strips together in a strip set, you can understand that it is IMPORTANT to sew accurate ¼” seams. I managed well enough.

Now I’m working on the extra 64 – 1½” HSTs that are needed for the outer framing.  I am especially thankful for the HST paper that Lari suggested.  We ordered it through her from .  It is accurate and easy to tear off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment