Friday, July 13, 2012

Project Started

    Before beginning a new big project, I took a little time to piece a child’s comfort quilt top for GCQ.  I started with a donated cheater panel.  I cut out the blocks, added sashing and cornerstones and then a border. 

     My sister Irene and I have been making bed quilts for nieces and nephews graduating from college.  She started on her blocks a few weeks ago so today I started on my blocks. We are using yellow, green and blue batiks and making squares 18”, 12”, 9”, and 6”.

Our planned quilt was inspired by a quilt I saw on Helen’s blog at  You can see part of it in the banner at the top of her blog.  She even has a tutorial on making what she calls the square in a square block.

Wednesday at church sew day Bev shared the string quilt that she just finished quilting.  
Jan is working on a string quilt and several others of us, including myself, are interested in making one.  I love it and it is made from scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment