Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Adding HST Border

Happy 4th of July!  Hope everyone stays safe and cool. 

      I am nearing the completion of the floral pinwheel quilt top.  I have pieced 2 borders of HST units and laid them out to see how it will look.   It is nice to do the math correctly which I did not.  Luckily the only problem is that I sewed too many in a strip.  I do like how it is looking.  



      Next problem is finding a backing.  I have been looking for an extra wide green print backing so I will not have to piece.  The top should finish at 101” square and to have it long arm quilted, I need a backing about 114” wide.  The problem is most wide backings are only 108”.  The only 120” wide backing I have found is plain muslin so I’m still looking but I may have to piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment